We are sorry that due to the coronavirus outbreak we have had to cancel this meeting. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to reschedule Paolo Giannone's talk on Mani Pulite at a later date.
An informal evening unfolds the historic, architectural and artistic heritage of this beautiful city on the river Arno.
This presentation will focus on some language absences and differences between English and Italian. For instance, there is no Italian equivalent for Christmas pudding (absence); and pavimento does not mean pavement (difference). Language differences, in particular, may be misleading.
Dates for 2020
- 17 June – Barbara Corti – Topic tba
- 22 July – Summer Meal
- 16 September – Claudia Daniotti – Topic tba
- 21 October – A walk in the Vatican
- 18 November – Pat Volante – The Rossi Family
- 9 December – Christmas Meal